1. Name: Meghan Mulhearn (Meg)
2. Bands you’ve played in: Currently U.S. Christmas, Judas Horse, Enoch, Divine Circles, solo project. Past - Descolada, Quetzalcoatl
3. What are your favorite songs to perform live?
Any songs that are authentic. I play a lot of different styles, from metal to experimental, and it is the same if it is true to itself. They are creatures in and of themselves.
4. Did you have any female rock idols growing up? Who were they?
Yes. Patti Smith, Kim Gordon, Bjork, Kathleen Hanna, Nina Simone.
5. Your advice to girls who want to start their own metal band is…
Don’t worry about what anyone tells you. People are very ambivalent at first in finding out I play violin in a metal band, and then I show them that it can be a very diverse instrument and can sound like a guitar, synth, whales, angels, demons, or itself. You will find that the larger metal community is very inclusive as a whole. Be wary of boring, limited, purist types (that exist in any genre) who have a really narrow, academic view of their chosen genre. You should just ignore them. Those people fear evolution, and might have denied you the right to vote 100 years ago. Play for yourself! And do it now.